How to connect the mini projector to iPhone? Watching movies and dramas on iPhone isn’t more enjoyable, because of its small screen size, than watching them in a cinematic environment, especially at home.
And here’s the twist. iPhone and big screen, the combo is now possible to enjoy. Thanks to mini projectors. Creating an in-house theatre, with just an iPhone and a mini projector is not a big deal anymore.
A mini projector is the size of your pocket. It’s easy to use and portable. Therefore, proves handy for presentations, live shows, etc. making you stand out from the crowd.
But how to set up the connection? How to connect the mini projector to iPhone? This is the real trouble. But, why worry when we are here?
This guide, which we’ve set exclusively for you, covers everything you need to know. So, stay tuned, buddies!
Here we go!
Table of Contents
Two Ways to Connect the Mini Projector with iPhone
To help you connect your mini projector with your iPhone, here are two easy ways to get it done!
- With Wires
METHOD #1: With Wires
Connecting the mini projector with iPhone through wires isn’t tricky. For the purpose, you need:
These elements are the medium to connect your iPhone with the mini projector.
There are mainly two types of adapters for this purpose.
Ø Lightning Digital AV Adapter:
This is the latest and the best adapter on the market, giving you the best output. This adapter works with every iPhone model. Your one-time investment, you can say.
Here’s how to use it:
- Turn on the projector
- Connect the lightning end with the iPhone charging port
- Connect the HDMI to the adapter
- Now, connect the HDMI with the mini projector slot
- The projector will mirror your iPhone screen. And start projection
Yepahh, it’s done!
· Lightning to VGA Adapter
The lightning to VGA adapter is best for you if you use the iPhone 6 or older models. Still, it gives you the expected output result.
Some mini projector models don’t support the VGA cable. Most of the time, a mini projector works best with a Digital AV adapter. Therefore, confirm before buying whether your VGA adapter works with your mini projector or not.
Now, let’s connect your iPhone to a mini projector with a VGA adapter. Here’s how:
- Turn on the projector
- Connect the HDMI one end with the projector
- Connect the one end with a VGA adapter
- Now connect the VGA adapter with iPhone
- Your phone will start projection
Yeehaa, it’s done too!
Method #2: Wirelessly
Most mini projectors allow you to connect the phone wirelessly. Here we’ll be discussing a few wireless methods that’d allow you to connect your iPhone to a mini projector wirelessly.
In case, you don’t have good Wi-Fi and are looking for a budget-friendly option, then the wire one is the best go-to.
Now, let’s dive into the wireless methods.
· Using the Projector with Wi-Fi
Some mini projectors come with a Wi-Fi option. For this purpose, you have to place your phone near a good Wi-Fi connection.
Here’s how to connect.
- Turn on the internet
- Open the iPhone Wi-Fi scanner
- Find the Wi-Fi name
Now, your iPhone is connected to a projector.
· Using the Google Chromecast
The Google Chromecast is the best wireless device to connect your iPhone with a mini projector. This device is offered by the renowned and trusted company Google. Go give it a try, if you have one!
Now, here’s how to connect:
- Turn on the projector
- Connect the Chromecast with the HDMI port in the mini projector
- Download the google home app
- Launch the app
- Tap the account and put the information
- Press cast screen
- Your mobile device is connected successfully
Now, you can start showing the contents of your phone on the projector.
Miracast is a cheaper alternative to Google Chromecast. You will be able to project all your iPhones through it. But, before buying Miracast, you have to check if it’s working with your mini projector or not.
Here’s how to use it:
- Turn on the projector
- Connect the Miracast with the HDMI port of the mini projector
- Download the Miracast app
- Select the wireless option
- Select the iPhone
- Your phone has started projection
The Top 12 Market Beasts – Best Mini Projectors in 2022 You Should Try
Here we’ve compiled the list of the market’s best 11 mini projectors. This would help you choose the best for you.
1. Anker Nebula Marcel ll Pro
The best overall mini projector on our list today is Anker Nebula Pro. It is famous for its light output. This device is bigger than other projectors but still falls in the category of mini projectors. Its built-in battery life is 2 hours while you are listing to music. Features include:
- Good image output
- Easy to use
- Affordable price
- Built-in 12,500 mAh battery
- 8 GB internal capacity for downloading any media
- Bit bigger than the normal mini projector
- Faux leather straps
- Portable projector
2. AAXA P6X
If you are tight on budget, this projector is for you. It’s not only cheaper but is also brighter with long battery life.
Here’s more about it:
- Less expensive than Anker nebula; cost-effective
- Create 720p image
- With HDMI and USB connector port
- It has a huge 15,000mAH battery
- Battery timing on Eco mode around 240 Min
- on mini projector brightness mode run around 90 min.
- Light output is more impressive than the size
- The internal speaker isn’t so good you have to connect your headphones with the projector
- Size of your hand
3. Xgimi Halo Plus
This projector is made for you if you want a 1080p portable mini projector. You’ll get two and a half battery life with it. Performance is also amazing.
More about Xgimi is:
- It’s portable
- Resolution of 1080p
- With two and a half battery
- Inbuilt TV gives you more ease regarding connection wirelessly
- Performance is far better than another mini projector.
- Little expensive but worth of price
4. AAXA P8
If you want a cheap projector with good built-in quality, then this is for you. It offers a few built-in streaming apps too.
More about AAXA is:
- It doesn’t operate on battery; you have to plug in an electrical wire
- The size is relatively small
- Is cost-effective
- Volume same as Anker
- Rectangular instead of cylindrical
- Streaming inbuilt app
- Have HSMI port for connection
- Image quality is ok
5. Anker Nebula Capsule
This is best if you want a cheap mini projector with a battery. This projector is the size of a soda can. It is not brighter but is promising.
More about Anker is:
- Not so loud
- Not so bright
- Gives a better image than the price
- Easy portable projector
6. Vigmo p10
The best cheap mini projector for you with good features is the Vigmo p10. This portable projector fluctuates from 170 dollars to 230 dollars. Picture quality is suitable from 08 some ways. but it lacks battery features.
More about Vigmo is:
- Is cheapest
- Bit bigger body than the standard mini projector
- Good picture quality
- Have Netflix built-in
7. AAXA P7
It’s the best business trip presentation mini projector for you. It’s known for its impeccable display. Best for outdoor entertainment. And offers music features too.
More about AAXA P7 is:
- Relatively small in size
- 1080 native resolution pictures
- Play music and video from a memory card and USB stick
- Has a size of your hand
8. Anker Nebula Capsule
The best entertainment mini projector for you. You can use this for watching movies or dramas very quickly. It can project movies, photos, and apps. best for outdoor use, features include
- Reasonable price
- Portable projector
- Bluetooth speaker
- Long battery life
9. Kodak Luma 350
It’s the best palmtop movie projector. It does well in projecting photos, and its video quality is good and acceptable for casual use. List of features include:
- Remote control, built-in battery
- Good photo quality
10. View Sonic M1
It’s one of the best inexpensive pocket projectors for you. It is a highly portable palmtop projector famous for its modest brightness and fantastic design. A list of features includes:
- Beautiful outlook
- Highly portable
- The media player handles the photo
- With remote control
11. APEMAN Mini M4
For your home entertainment and presentations, it’s one of a kind. It is 70% brighter than the market standard projectors, offering an actual crisp image. It comes with a TRIPOD with a fully functional 360° rotation and a firm stand.
More of APEMAN Mini M4 is:
- Good sound
- Awesome outlook
- With tripod stand.
- Display 1080p
- Batter is 3,400mAh
- Connect other devices using HDMI, USB stick
- Projection size 30 to 100 inches
- Offers rotation and flexibility with its tripod stand
- Pocket-size projector
12.Epson EpiqVision Mini EF12
This Epson projector works for you like a small TV. It has a long-lived laser light with good built-in quality.
More about Epson Mini is:
- Long live laser-phosphor light
- Native 1080p resolution
- Three-chip LCD engine
- Wi-Fi and 2 HDMI port
- Impressive audio
- No rainbow artifacts
- Equal color and white brightness
- No 3d support
So this was all about the market’s best 12 portable mini projectors of 2022 for home use, entertainment, presentations, and outdoors. Choose the right one according to your needs.
6 Things You Need to Know Before Buying a Mini Projector – Your Mini Projector Buying Guide
Six crucial things you should know before buying the mini projector are:
1. Contrast Ratio of the Projector
Consider having a mini projector with high contrast; 000:1 or above is the excellent contrast ratio to go for.
2. Resolution of the Projector
Mini projector with higher resolution means more crispiness and clarity in the output image; always select the projector with high resolution
3. Brightness of Projector
Always select the projector with high brightness. This will give you more good output. 150 ANSI lumens of brightness will work fine.
4. Battery Capacity
The whole idea of a mini projector comes with portability, and portability depends on the battery capacity of the projector. The higher the battery, the more projectors will work better. So, select your projector with a higher battery capacity.
5. Easy to Use
Using a projector may be technical, so make sure your projector supports the wireless option with an HDMI connection. This option helps you to use the mini projector more easily and quickly.
Choose a mini projector with an optimal image size that’s between 36 and 60 inches. The bigger, the better.
Tips While Using the Mini Projector
- Keep the room as dark as you can. The darker the room, the better output results you’ll see
- If you have a grey color wall, use that wall for the projector. Because the grey color doesn’t reflect more color than the white color
- Some mini projectors come up with built-in speakers, but the built-in speakers are not more enjoyable. If you have your own speakers, better connect those with your mini projector for a better experience
- There are a lot of picture modes on a projector to offer you the best results. Use the darkroom mode for the better cinematic environment
- The projector works better on a wall. But paint the wall with projector paint for the best results
The four main ports in a mini projector are:
2. How do I know my projector is not connected?
If your projector doesn’t give any output, that means your projector is not well connected with iPhone.
Using HDMI is the best option to do this task.
For connecting a laptop with the mini projector, using HDMI is best. If they didn’t give any results, use the adapter.
Use the mini projector for this purpose.
Yes, you can watch Netflix on a mini projector. Connect the mini projector with your iPhone using the digital AV adapter for this purpose.
No, you must change the cable if the old thread is not in good condition.
Our recommendation is to use the digital AV adapter; it is the one-time best investment.
Yes, the mini projector is suitable for home use; you can also use this projector for outdoor presentation
No, in some cases, the VGA doesn’t work with the newer models of iPhone.
you get a ride from a lot of wire which you use for connection
Mainly there are 2 HDMI ports in the mini projector.
15. Do all projectors have an HDMI port?
Almost all modern projectors come with an HDMI port.
16. From which method I should connect my iPhone with a mini projector?
If your projector works wirelessly, then that’s the best go-to option. Because if you go with wires, there are a lot of cables used in the process that may cause confusion and will create a mess for you.
17. How far is the mini projector from the screen?
The short-throw projector should be 5 to 10 feet far from the screen, depending on how large an image you want.
How to connect the mini projector to iPhone? Everything you need to know, we’ve covered all. Now, whether you want to connect it wirelessly or with wires, it’s to you!